Sr Software Engineer – Angular Frontend @ TD
About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com.
Data as a Service team is an enterprise-wide data management and data provider platform at TD.
We are accountable for developing Front-end applications, RESTful APIs and Batch processes that supports delivery of data for various TD platforms.
As a Senior full stack software developer of this team, you will play a critical role in development efforts to support overall goal of the business. You will work with our team of talented software engineers to design and build the next generation of applications in the FinTech ecosystem (TD Wealth, Insurance, Personal and Business Banking) in a hybrid environment encompassing on-prem and cloud hosted applications.
About This Role
• Work as a Senior Software Engineer to design, develop, and deliver complex requirements to accomplish business goals.
• Design, build and maintain Web Applications written in Angular (TypeScript) and RESTful APIs (Java/.NET) consumed within and outside of your immediate team.
• Able to work as Senior front-end developer and lead the team in building Angular applications.
• Participate in Agile development projects and bring technical guidance and leadership to the team.
• Align with DevOps principles and work to improve automation capabilities and development practices.
• Lead the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed solution with overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System.
• Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
• Collaborate with other team members thru knowledge sharing, and continuously expanding best practices and challenge the status quo and propose newer and better software engineering practice to adopt.
• Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review signoffs for solution design.
• Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
• Aim for defect-free programming, create, and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- • 5+ years of experience in software design & development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and object-oriented programming concepts.
• Strong hands-on experience with full stack development using Angular, Java or C#/.NET and SQL/NoSQL Database.
• Experience building RESTful APIs and Microservices using Spring Boot and Spring framework.
• Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and ES6.
• Nice to have working knowledge of Cinchy Data Collaboration Platform.
• Experience in using Maven and Jenkins with thorough understanding of Git, repository management, Docker and related CI/CD workflows.
• Experience with cloud deployment is plus.
• You have shown that you can work effectively with product owners, Scrum master, Solution designers and other engineering teams.
• You love the challenges and are confident in your ability to bring clarity and direction to ambiguous problem space.
• You work well in fast paced environment while deeply investing in long term quality and efficiency.
• B.S or higher degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
Preferred Qualifications – Here are the preferred qualifications for this role:
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.